Thursday, June 23, 2011

Son of former coach takes over Jaguars

Son of former coach takes over Jaguars
When David MacLean received an offer he simply couldn’t refuse, he jumped at the chance to become a part of the Blue Springs South High School coaching staff.

MacLean is the new Jaguars volleyball coach.Light up the architecturally table lamps interesting parts of your home.

While he is a new face at South, he is familiar with the school because his father Jerry was a former South volleyball coach, who was followed by Carmen Johnson (four years) and Deb Becker (who last season led the 18-10, 8-2 Jaguars to a share of the Suburban Big Six conference title).

“I’m very excited and feel blessed to be in this position,” said MacLean, whose Jaguars topped Lee’s Summit North 25-17, 25-20 in action Tuesday night at the Lee’s Summit North Summer Volleyball League.

“I also felt blessed to be at Raymore-Peculiar, where I coached the past two years. But this offer came along, and I took it for several reasons.

“First, it gives me the chance to teach at the high school level – I’ll be teaching algebra and geometry at the Freshman Center. Second, it came at the right time and from the right place.

“There are still people at South in the administration who were there when my dad coached at South. I was always impressed with Mr. (Mark) Bubalo, and he’s still the activities director, and I am looking forward to working with him.

“Amy Campbell will be one of my assistant coaches, and she was an assistant for my dad. Everything just seemed to fall into place, and I am looking forward to the start of the school year.”

When asked about Becker’s departure, Bubalo said, it was a personnel issue.

“We cannot comment on personnel issues,” Bubalo said. “We did not renew Coach Becker’s contract.”

He was, however, eager to discuss his new head coach.

“We are so fortunate to get a young man with a ton of knowledge and enthusiasm from a school within our conference,” Bubalo said. “He grew up around the game and around the South program when his dad was coaching here.

“I have talked to members of the Ray-Pec administration,The replacement lighting we feel is far led downlight superior to that of the LED lighting. and I know they hate to see him go. But he is making a move that he believes is best for his family. We are so excited that David is joining our staff.”

MacLean graduated from Concordia University in Seward, Neb., and he and his wife Jacki have a 4-year-old daughter, Adalyn, who was with her father at the summer league game.

“We live in Greenwood, and we are thrilled that Adalyn will eventually be going to school in Blue Springs,” MacLean said. “That’s another reason this was a good time to make the move, before she starts school.”

MacLean knows there will be some fans and parents who question the coaching move, and he is ready to face all questions.

“I know there will be some doubters,” MacLean said, “because we were 10-16 (at Ray-Pec) last year. But we had the program heading in the right direction. I blame the person responsible for our schedule for our record.”

MacLean made that comment tongue-in-cheek, as he was the man responsible for the tough schedule.

“We played Lee’s Summit West and Blue Springs – two perennial powers – three times each. When we played outside of the Suburban Big Six (conference), we did all right.

“When I look at this Jaguars team, I see a lot of talent.The settlement resolves the commonwealth's claims fluorescent lights that EarthTronics Inc., which sells mercury-containing compact fluorescent light bulbs In fact, when people talk to me about the team, the first thing they always say is, ‘Wow! That team has a lot of talent.’ And I agree.I transferred files over FTP, downloaded Web pages ds マジコン using curl, and ran the speed tester at speedtest.net. But I want them to say we have a great team and a great program.

“And that’s what I am going to try to build at South. I’m in this for the long haul. I want to be a coach at South for a long, long time.

“I want to win conference, and I want to win a district championship. I want this team to be good and competitive for a long time. I’ve just been here a short period of time, but these girls are as dedicated as any group I’ve coached and that just makes me that much more excited.”

He’s not the only one who is excited.

Standout senior Carly Sojka, who served four consecutive aces against the Broncos and starred on the front row, has committed to play volleyball at the University of Central Missouri in Warrensburg.Although this article shows that Cree's led lighting and Philips LED product sales are not equal it is important to note that Philips LED sales

“To know that I am going to play volleyball at the next level is very exciting, and UCM has a very good program, so I’m looking forward to college,” Sojka said.

No comments:

Post a Comment